The Democratic Party of Contra Costa County is the official organization for Democrats in Contra Costa with more than 350,000 members. As the local embodiment of “America’s Majority Party” for voters and candidates alike, we advance our goals through several ongoing programs:
- VOTER REGISTRATION. Throughout the year, in every community of Contra Costa County, we’re signing up new Democrats to vote. Thanks to our efforts in 2008, Democrats now double Republicans in the county.
- PRECINCT ORGANIZING. Our all-volunteer Grassroots Organizing Team reaches out to voters where they live, providing information on endorsed candidates and motivating our supporters to vote. That personal attention substantially increases turnout in the precincts we cover.
- CANDIDATE SUPPORT. We have a long-range plan to recruit, train, and support good Democratic candidates at all levels – including local offices like city councils, school boards, and special districts.
- COMMUNICATIONS. To build the Party and support Democratic campaigns, we proactively communicate our message through the media to both Democrats and the general public. We also build relationships with community allies to promote our shared values and priorities.
- FUNDRAISING & INFRASTRUCTURE. The resources to accomplish our goals come from our local supporters in Contra Costa County. We raise funds to keep our doors open, staff our office, help our candidates, and build an infrastructure to benefit all Contra Costa Democrats.