The DPCCC encourages the discussion of issues of interest to its members as well as the efficient flow of information. In line with these values, the DPCCC has created Google Groups, Facebook Groups, Web Forums, Twitter Pages, the Loop and other digital properties to provide members with the opportunity to distribute information. In order to ensure a positive experience for all users, the DPCCC has set terms of service for posting, listed below.
- Participants shall not discriminate against any person with regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, religion, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or economic status.
- Participants shall not use profanity within any public facing forum, including Facebook, Twitter or the DPCCC website’s comment section, or post pornographic material on any DPCCC digital property.
- Participants shall not post spam, advertisements or other messages unrelated to the Party or the activities of its members.
- Participants shall not conduct ad hominem attacks on other participants. Negative comments directed towards any participant is unacceptable. If a heated discussion arises between two members, those members shall move the conversation to another venue.
- Participants may not post negative comments in a public facing forum in reference to a registered Democrat that received the most recent endorsement for their office(s) from the DPCCC or California Democratic Party (CDP).
- Participants shall not post anyone’s personal information unless they have received the permission of that person. Participants shall not share privileged information or private communications without the permission of all parties involved.
- Participants shall not post more than five independent or original items per week, per medium. Responses germane to an ongoing conversation will not count toward a participant’s weekly limit. Posts related to an officer or committee chair’s official duties are exempt from the weekly posting limits.
- Participants shall not engage in any illegal activity.
- Any posts violating these rules will be immediately deleted by either the DPCCC Chair, Secretary or Communications Director.
- Participants who violate these rules will be notified via email or direct message by the officer/chair first to delete the violating post. The DPCCC Chair will be copied on all notifications.
- The DPCCC Chair will determine which posts meet the criteria for a violation and will revoke any improper deletions. The DPCCC Chair will track all confirmed violations and enforce limits, as described below:
- Following the second offense and notification, participant’s individual accounts will be set to “moderated” by the DPCCC Chair for a period of 6 months, if the property supports such an option. This is subject to reversal by a vote of the DPCCC membership. A reversal vote can be brought to the general body following the collection of ten voting members’ signatures.
- If the property does not support individual moderation, the following will apply after the third offense and notification by the DPCCC Chair:
- Members and Associate Members will be removed from all DPCCC digital properties by the DPCCC Chair for a period of 6 months, subject to reversal by a vote of the DPCCC membership. A reversal vote can be brought to the general body following the collection of ten voting members’ signatures.
- Participants who are not members or associate members of the DPCCC will be permanently blocked from posting within all DPCCC digital properties, subject to reversal by a vote of the DPCCC membership. A reversal vote can be brought to the general body following the collection of ten voting members’ signatures.
Approved June 18, 2015